Thursday, December 31, 2015

Are you ready for the 2016 phenomenon?


First off, I would like to thanks all my readers for their continued support and feedback, I had no idea I could get the ball rolling so soon and get so far. And as the year 2015 comes to a close, I would like to reflect on some of the stories that caught my attention and yours. I promise to give you better stories next year and keep in touch.

LADAKH
2015 saw a record number of visitors to the region who left a trail of plastic and rubbish behind, despite knowing that there is no one to clean up after them. Our little initiative to encourage travellers to be more responsible is close to my heart and was well-received by you as well. http://ekalpaviram.blogspot.in/2015/10/why-i-chose-not-to-go-to-ladakh.html
IMAGE COURTESY: BRETT COLE

SHAHPUR JAT
The few remaining graffiti works left in Delhi urban village, Shahpur Jat, are fast fading. It is not just the loss of art and soeone's hard work that I rue. I see the lack of empathy on the part of the residents of the village who do not value the art. They are proo that art does not, in fact, affect everyone.
http://ekalpaviram.blogspot.in/2015/08/now-you-see-me.html

RAKHIGARHI
One of the most memorable adventures of the year that I have shared with you was the journey to Haryana. It was my maiden trip to the infamous state. I returned humbled, not only by the people but also having stood at the site of the largest Harappan site in the world. Ongoing expeditions will reveal the true extent of the heritage hidden in the folds of this hamlet.
http://ekalpaviram.blogspot.in/2015/09/i-drove-down-nh10-and-this-is-what-i.html

CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
One of my biggst disappointments of the year, was the realisation that we have failed the Royal Bengal Tiger. While the government keeps announcing new buffer zones around the National Park, loud and irresponsible tourists have been scaring the animals away from their natural habitat. Not to forget instances of poaching and illegal felling of trees.
http://ekalpaviram.blogspot.in/2015/07/the-missing-king.html

BHANGARH
My effort at looking beyond the myths that surround the fort came as the blogpost which was read by many friends and made for great conversations as well. Instead of looking for ghosts, it might be a batter idea to look into the history that fort holds within. The fear you carry with you is all that will keep you scared.
http://ekalpaviram.blogspot.in/2015/12/bhangarh-beyond-curse.html

Looking forward to keeping you engaged through 2016 as well! Happy responsible travels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment